Tradies for a Day
Students are selected via an application through their school.
These students attend a one-day program and are invited to apply to attend trade-based camps that will build on the Tradies experience.
The Tradies program involves activities including orientation for the workshop, opportunities to hear from tradespeople and other industry experts about their roles in the minerals and energy sectors, and try some hands-on trade activities.
Students could also participate in an industry tour to a mine site or training facility.
- A working understanding of careers within the minerals and energy industries leading to informed decisions on their future career path.
- Knowledge from industry experts on different types of career opportunities.
- Assists in the transition from school to work and/or further education.
- Encourages students to work towards completing qualifications such as Certificate 2 RIWP
- View the calendar to find upcoming Toolkit for School Kids or Toolkit for School Girls workshops near you
- Prerequisites: No
- Course Capacity: 20
- Certificate: No