Make it now in Engineering (MINE) Challenges
Students are selected via application through their school.
MINE Challenges target those students considering professional pathway into engineering or technology.
Students engage with industry mentors to solve genuine problems encountered on mine sites.
They are conducted in Brisbane, Mount Isa and Moranbah.
Successful applicants attend the five-day program and participate in a range of activities including orientation, site tours, career talks, alongside working on the project and presenting their findings to industry representatives at the end of the week.
- A working understanding for careers within the minerals and energy industries
- Experience a real-life work environment and work on a real project
- Better able to make informed decisions on their future career path and their school subject choice
- Learn valuable insights into skills and knowledge required to succeed beyond school.
- View the calendar to find upcoming MINE challenges for the year
- Prerequisites: No
- Course Capacity: 50
- Certificate: No